Meatballs ~ Big Batch

 What is better than Spaghetti and meatballs! maybe meatball sandwiches... these are one of my kids favorite meals. But at least for me... meatballs are a pain. I love eating them but I hate getting my hands cold and greasy mixing it all up. This is why I do them a huge batch at a time. This batch makes 5 meals for my family, and they love them so much they will do all the squishing and mixing and rolling for me. But ... oh are they good!



Meatballs

5 lbs ground beef
4 cups dry bread crumbs
5 eggs
3-4 cups milk
1 packet of onion soup mix (or 10 beef bullion cubes; crushed)
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2-3 medium onions, chopped
3 t sage
2 1/2 t garlic powder
5 t salt
2 1/2 t pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a BIG bowl until well mixed. Form into golf ball size balls and place on baking sheet (with sides) They can almost touch in spacing as they will shrink up a bit. (I use my medium cookie scooper  and it makes easy work if you have a helper to do the rolling.) Bake until they start turning dark brown ( about 20-30 minutes) Remove from oven and pan to cool and bag in portion sizes for a family meal. (3-4 for each person). Use for Spaghetti and meatballs, meatball sandwiches, BBQ meatballs, sweet and sour meatballs, etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment