Rudy's BBQ Sauce copycat


Last night I made pork chops and we had a small amount of pre-smoked pork steak. My Hubby's favorite BBQ is from Rudy's here in Texas, and he just loves their sauce. We usually have a bottle or two on hand for here at home, but then I went on the hunt for a copycat. I searched and couldn't find one, so got out the sauce pot and armed with a few different recipe ideas, this is our favorite of our tries. yum! We got it just about right. I hope you like it, because we sure do. What I love the most is this costs me about a dollar to make, and it would cost me about $6 do buy it at Rudy's. SO... I just got payed $5 for about 10 minutes of work.

Rudy's BBQ Sauce copycat


1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 T white vinegar
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 t course black pepper
1 t garlic powder
1/4 t cumin
1/8 t cayenne pepper

Mix all ingredients together in a sauce pot and bring to a low simmer. Do this by turning it onto low/medium heat and stirring occasionally until it shows its first small bubble. Turn off the heat and leave on stove to cool. Stir occasionally. Cool and serve or store for up to 3 months ( that's as long as it has lasted in my fridge). Makes about 3 cups. If you need your sauce right away it will be ready to serve in 5 minutes once seasonings have blended.

Please let me know what you think.   :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment