Brown Sugar

Have you ever been about to make a recipe only to find that you have no brown sugar? This happened to me today as I was making my Banana bread. I have been making my own brown sugar for a while now and see no difference in any of the recipes that I have been making it with. What I love about it is that in a I don't have to think about it when I plan my recipes that I want to make. If I don't have it I just make it in about 3 minutes. It does require Molasses but when ever I run out I just add it to the shopping list. Same with sugar. But I keep a supply of both of these things in my Food Supplies so its a no fuss no mess up plan.

Brown Sugar
6 cups of sugar
1/3 cup Molasses
Mix sugar and molasses for about 3 minutes until well mixed. Add a bit of molasses if it is not dark enough for you. Store in a air tight container.

0 comments:

Post a Comment