Breads Side Starters



One of my loves is to make homemade breads. Kneading the soft warm dough allows my mind to wander and relieves stress for me. Sadly it is one of the things that gets set aside when I am busy or not feeling well in opt of more pressing things to do. Unfortunately, because of all of my chronic headaches over the past many years, bread making was not happening much in our home. This Thanksgiving though I was determined to change that and we made our soft and yummy homemade rolls. And since then we have been on a "roll" :) 

For me, at least, I have realized that making bread isn't hard, it just takes forethought, and that is what is hard. With all the prep ahead freezer meals I have been doing, I have realized that can easily happen here too, making it that much easier to have homemade, healthier options in my breadbasket. Having a plan of when I need to start it, even having pre-measured ingredients for fast and easy recipes for bread, biscuits, rolls and tortillas is amazing.




Recipes I want to try someday soon:
Southern Cream Cheese Biscuits - Nathalie Dupree via Sandy Nawrot
Butter Topped White Bread (good for sandwiches) The Curvy Carrot
English Muffin Bread - One Good Thing
Cheese Muffins - The Pioneer Woman

0 comments:

Post a Comment