Homemade Spaghetti Sauce




So... I am kind of picky about my spaghetti sauce. 
It can't be sweet and it has to be cheap 
and it has to taste super yummy... not a good combination! 
So I make my own, requirements solved. 
This whole recipe costs about $3.00 
and it is 2 meals for my family
 (not including a meat or pasta added).





Spaghetti Sauce

1 #10 can of tomato sauce
1/3 cup Dry Italian Seasoning Blend
1 t garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup dried onions
Optional - 1 (14 oz can) diced tomatoes
Optional - Omit dry onions and add a sauteed onion and/or green bell pepper and/or sliced mushrooms.
Optional - add Meatballs or Seasoned Browned Hamburger or Italian Sausage

Simmer sauce with the meat added for about 20 minutes for flavors to blend well.

PS Most of the time I add the meat portion from pre cooked meat that I have in my freezer as I am warming up the sauce.

Also, this is one of my winners that I keep in my Food Supply in multiples to have handy. It just makes me feel better to know that if things went crazy and I am not able to go to the store, I can feed my family. Believe me. My health has been up and down enough to learn this lesson well.

The other thing I LOVE to do is to make up 2 of these batches and water bath can it (without the meat!) It is super easy and then I can store this on a shelf! 2 batches makes 7 quarts. Generally I make 28 quarts at a time which lasts my family about a year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment